The Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus is one of those must-have tools for anybody who works on their own boat or car. Simply put, this tool uses a hand pump to easily and without any mess suck out oil or hydraulic fluid from your engine, transmission, or steering system. Below is our full Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus review.
Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus Review
The Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus is a versatile unit which easily goes from vacuum to pressure in order to evacuate or dispense fluids without mess. The Mityvac 7201 is ideal for draining any type of tank or reservoir, and then effortlessly pumping the old fluid out for easy disposal.
Mityvac Fluid Evacuator Plus Instructions
The Mityvac 7201 works in just 8 extremely simple steps.
1. Warm up your engine. (you want warm, not hot, not cold)
2. Remove the hydraulic filling cap or your engine’s oil cap and dipstick.
3. Insert the main tube into the top of the Mityvac 7201 Evacuator Plus unit.
4. Select the proper extraction tube which is just a little bit smaller than your fluid or dipstick hole, and attach that tube to the main tube.
5. Insert the extraction tube into the fluid or dipstick hole until you feel it hit the bottom of the pan. For your engine, the dipstick serves as a guide for how far you can expect to slide it down.
6. Be certain that the drain plug on the Mityvac Fluid Evacuator is secured and then select “Evacuate” from the “Evacuate/Discharge” button options.
7. Give the pump about about 10 firm pumps, just like you would a bicycle pump.
8. Step back and watch the magic that is the Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus while it sucks the old fluid out of your system or engine!
It typically takes just a couple of minutes to get all the fluid or oil out. When all of the oil is out you will hear it the device sucking air. After it is finished you take the extraction tube out and off, then insert the main tube into a bucket or something similar to carry it over to your recycling station, flip the switch on the unit to “Discharge”, and then wait for it to blow out the old fluid or oil. Using the Mityvac Fluid Evacuator Plus you no longer need to get your hands dirty!
That’s it! Instructions that anybody can follow.
Mityvac 7201 Parts
The Mityvac is very well built and doesn’t utilize a lot of moving parts. Therefore, it would be quite rare if you needed spare Mityvac 7201 parts. If you do, however, probably the best place to check is eBay. We’ve had ours for years and have never needed to buy any new Mityvac 7201 parts.